The Severn 4000 series was initially developed over two decades ago specifically to satisfy the installation in cryogenic ASU and Hyco cold boxes of an all welded in construction, thus prevent any possibility of leakage within the insulated area, while giving full access to the valve trim from outside the cold box.
As such the 4000 Series Control Valve now benefits from extensive experience in providing cost effective and easily maintained valves in an industry which makes stringent demands from its suppliers.
Construction materials of the body is either stainless steel (model 4400) or aluminium (model 4300) to suit adjoining pipework. Internal surface finish is considered to be of major importance to ensure degrees of cleanliness that are necessary for the Industrial Gas market and therefore all valves are cleaned and assembled suitable for oxygen service as standard.
- Model 4400 – one piece stainless steel body / extension
- Model 4300 – aluminium body / stainless steel extension factory assembled
- Smooth profile globe body construction
- Extension lengths to suit installation
- Cold box flange adjustable or welded
- Screwed in seat standard, cartridge cage trim options
- Large choice of trim sizes available with low noise and anti-cavitation options
- Robust parts for trouble free service and low cost of ownership
- Inherently characterised trims available in linear equal percentage or semi-throttle
- Cleaned and degreased for Oxygen service as standard
- Soft seat insert option for ANSI Class VI
- Various options of end connection
- Top-entry servicing with direct access to plug and seat
- Reduced inspection and maintenance costs
- Extensive trim selection
- Reliable leakage performance, bubble tight shut off available
- High interchangeability between sizes and other products
- X-ray option available on all welds
To find out more about the 4000 Series Control Valve, download the brochure via the downloads box on the right hand side or view the interactive version below.
If you have a Control Valve based enquiry, you can contact the Severn team by completing the enquiry form located here.