Severn’s 8300 Double Offset High performance Butterfly Valve Series enables the disc to achieve a uniform 360°C seal contact and to move into and break out from the seat with the minimum of wear.
The seat design ensures low seating and breakout torque, resulting in smaller actuators and improved economy when selection from the various forms of actuation available.
Across the size range, the 8300 Series has a variety of distinct features, all designed to reduce wear and control effectively to support durable performance, ensuring you meet your core imperatives of safe operations and minimum downtime.
- Self energising seat at low pressure
- Pressure energised at high pressure compensating for wear and temperature
- Seat energiser fully isolated by PTFE envelope
- Cavities minimised to avoid ingress of particulates
- Temperature ratings from -196°C to +230°C
- Shut off pressures up to 100 bar
- The quarter turn design ensures ease of actuation for both control and on/off duties
- Standard face to face dimensions to API 609 / ISO 5752 and B16.10 with non-standard dimensions available on request
- Valve size range – 2in (50mm) – 48in (1200mm) with larger sizes available on request
- Body pressure ratings up to 2500lb
- Can be manufactured in all commercially available metals in cast, forged or plate form
- Non-graphite options available for seawater service
- Anti-blowout stem as standard on #300 ratings and above
- The double eccentric action enables the disc to achieve a uniform 360°C seal contact and to move into and break out from the seat with the minimum of wear
- The seat design ensures low seating and breakout torque
- Anti-cavitation trims and baffle plates available to reduce cavitation and noise issues
- Reliable leakage performance bubble tight shut off
To find out more about the 8300 Butterfly Valve, download the brochure via the downloads box on the right hand side or view the interactive version below.
If you have a Control Valve based enquiry, you can contact the Severn team by completing the enquiry form located here.