The Severn Swing Clear and Step Seat Butterfly Valves are designed to control the flow of liquids and gases for more severe service applications typically encountered in chemical and petrochemical applications where a complete tight shut-off is not essential.
Severn’s types of Swing Clear and Step Seat valve bodies include Wafer, Lugged, Double Flanged and Butt Weld Ends. The discs have a streamlined shape which provides minimum resistance to flow and on large valve ribs, are incorporated for extra strength. Special clearance is provided between body and disc to prevent seizure in valves used at elevated temperatures.
- Designed to control the flow of liquids and gases for more severe applications generally encountered in a chemical and petrochemical applications where a complete tight shut-off is not essential
- The ‘Swing Clear’ disc which has no contact with the valve body enables the valves to be used with high pressures and a wide range of temperatures
- Reduced leakage can be obtained with our Step Seat valves on limited applications, high and low temperature gasses
- Sizes from 2in (50mm) up to 88in (2200mm)
- Streamlined shape disc which provides minimum resistance to flow and on larger valves ribs are incorporated for extra strength
- Standard pattern valves are generally designed to suit a static maximum pressure up to 10 bar and pressure differentials depending on valve size and construction
- Temperature ranges of up to -190°C up to 1000°C
- Low torque
- Maximised Cv
- Hard facing options available for improved abrasion resistance
- Available with a range of low noise and anti-cavitation trims
- Reliable performance
To find out more about the 8100-8200 Butterfly Valve, download the brochure via the downloads box on the right hand side or view the interactive version below.
If you have a Control Valve based enquiry, you can contact the Severn team by completing the enquiry form located here.