Severn Manufacture 48” Butterfly Valve’s for Ground Flare ProjectPosted: 8 August 2023
Severn were recently approached by a UK Petrochemical client to create a solution to assist in the reduction of noise and harmful emission pollution at their facility. The client was moving from a standard flare system to a new enclosed ground flare (EGF) system in an effort to improve reliability and reduce noise and combustion related emissions.
An enclosed ground flare system is designed to include advantages over an elevated flare system such as:
- Clean, smokeless burning for a range of flare gas compositions
- No visible emissions
- Low noise pollution
- Reduced combustion emissions
- Improved efficiency and reliability
Severn’s 48’’ Butterfly valves were designed as the main Control valve for the new ground flare system, therefore had to be designed to reflect the safety critical nature of the application and the stringent specifications & testing regime set by the client. The valves and accessories were supplied SIL certified to integrate into the clients SIL rated system.
The 48’’ Butterfly valves were double flanged, designed to fit between the clients ASME 150 flanges. The valves also had a replaceable RPTFE seal to give repeatable Class VI shutoff. The bodies of the Butterfly valves were manufactured in ASTM A352 LCB (Carbon Steel) and the discs in ASTM A351 CF8M (Stainless Steel) to ensure the valve performed as designed when operating at temperatures from -45C to +50C. The valves were operated by a Quifer Scotch Yoke Actuator with smart positioner and instrumentation.
You can find out more about Severn’s 8300 High Performance series by clicking the button below to visit the product page and to download the 8300 Double Offset brochure.
You can also contact the Severn team with any urgent enquiries by clicking here.
More NewsAll News
- Posted: 22 January 2024 Meet the Severn IEW 24 Team
- Posted: 26 September 2023 Versatile Performance: How Severn’s OCT TOV Butterfly Valve Excels in Isolation and Control Applications
- Posted: 12 September 2023 Meet the Severn ADIPEC Team
- Posted: 23 August 2023 Severn to Showcase Innovative 8500 OCT Butterfly Valve at ADIPEC 2023
- Posted: 12 December 2022 Severn Glocon UK Valves Limited
- Posted: 22 November 2022 Severn Exceeds Major Oil Company’s Expectations