Use Of Remote Inspection Technology Gains MomentumPosted: 22 June 2021
Remote inspection technology gains momentum.
Adoption of Severn Oculi, our connected system for the remote inspection of valves, is going from strength to strength. As well as assessing valve condition in the field, the digital system can be used to facilitate remote witness testing.
Severn Glocon Abu Dhabi recently conducted a full pressure, seat leakage and functional test on a 2- 9/16 API 10,000 globe control valve for ADNOC, with the process witnessed virtually by the client team. Various work scopes have been witness-tested in this way in recent weeks to demonstrate the technology to our clients.
The SVS team has also been holding internal video conferences to introduce the technology and its benefits to the wider Group. If you would like to participate in a future demonstration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the global pandemic response still restricting movements and international travel, remote inspection technology gains momentum as Severn Oculi is proving to be a valuable tool. It’s set to deliver a good return on investment, improving cost efficiency for Severn and our customers alike.
Severn manufactures and supports high quality valves for the energy industries. Its control, choke and small bore subsea valves are pre-eminent in the global market, underpinning the reliability and high performance of business-critical client infrastructure.
Severn’s global reach, technical prowess, and collaborative approach – all founded upon a heritage of British engineering excellence – help to assure production continuity for clients and reduce the prospect of costly downtime.
Its understanding of the life-cycle of assets positions Severn to offer end-to-end engineering solutions, enabling clients to meet their core imperatives: safe operations and minimum downtime.
More NewsAll News
- Posted: 26 September 2023 Versatile Performance: How Severn’s OCT TOV Butterfly Valve Excels in Isolation and Control Applications
- Posted: 12 September 2023 Meet the Severn ADIPEC Team
- Posted: 23 August 2023 Severn to Showcase Innovative 8500 OCT Butterfly Valve at ADIPEC 2023
- Posted: 8 August 2023 Severn Manufacture 48” Butterfly Valve’s for Ground Flare Project
- Posted: 12 December 2022 Severn Glocon UK Valves Limited
- Posted: 22 November 2022 Severn Exceeds Major Oil Company’s Expectations