Managing Safely, training available worldwide from SevernPosted: 4 June 2019
Severn Valve Solutions (SVS) is now licensed by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) to provide Managing Safely training and certification.
Managing Safely is an internationally recognised health and safety management course that has the flexibility to address the specific needs of individual industry sectors. Benefits of the training include better employee engagement to facilitate an improved safety-awareness culture. This leads to greater productivity, with fewer hours lost to sickness and accidents. Holding the certification also boosts supply chain reputation.
“Managing Safely is for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation. It’s designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle safety and health in their teams.” – IOSH.
Key areas covered in Managing Safely training include:
- Assessing and controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
Dean Hopcroft, QHSSE Manager at SVS, is a Technical Member of IOSH and our responsible person for all health and safety matters. Already highly qualified in the field, he is also working towards a master’s degree in International Security & Risk Management.
On receiving the formal acceptance from IOSH Dean said: “This license enables us to develop Severn’s employees as well as helping clients improve their own health and safety management. We’re committed to improving safety standards wherever we work, and gaining internationally recognised certification reinforces our ability to deliver this. Existing clients in Iraq and Ghana have been requesting our support in this area for some time, so it’s great to be able to satisfy the growing demand in this important area.”
Managing Safely training and certification is led and delivered through Severn Valve Solutions’ training department and is available worldwide.
For more information, contact email@example.com
More NewsAll News
- Posted: 26 September 2023 Versatile Performance: How Severn’s OCT TOV Butterfly Valve Excels in Isolation and Control Applications
- Posted: 12 September 2023 Meet the Severn ADIPEC Team
- Posted: 23 August 2023 Severn to Showcase Innovative 8500 OCT Butterfly Valve at ADIPEC 2023
- Posted: 8 August 2023 Severn Manufacture 48” Butterfly Valve’s for Ground Flare Project
- Posted: 12 December 2022 Severn Glocon UK Valves Limited
- Posted: 22 November 2022 Severn Exceeds Major Oil Company’s Expectations