Severn Glocon achieves new OHS standardPosted: 28 April 2020
Severn achieve new OHS standard.
Severn Glocon achieve new OHS standard and has received accreditation to the new international standard of ISO 45001:2018 for Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems (OHS) certified by the BSI (British Standards Institution) Group. The scope of the standard covers: ‘The design, development, manufacture and supply to customer order and specification of all types of industrial/process control valves, actuators and valve mounted instrumentation.’
Severn Glocon achieved the earlier BS OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditation in January 2012 and has focused on the continual improvement of Health & Safety ever since.
With the launch of the new standard, Severn Glocon set out to improve its integrated management system to meet the revised requirements, receiving a positive recommendation from the BSI in January.
Chris King, QHSE Manager for Severn Glocon, says: “We were very pleased to achieve the migration from OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO 45001:2018 before the year end. It marks another milestone in the development of our Integrated Management System which also meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO TS 29001:2011.
“The team effort to achieve this ahead of schedule demonstrates our commitment to maintaining and continually improving our management system to meet both national and international industry requirements as well as specific customer needs. I would like to thank everyone on the team who helped make this happen.”
More NewsAll News
- Posted: 7 September 2022 Severn Go Digital For ADIPEC
- Posted: 18 August 2022 Severn Solve Severe Service Water Injection Issues with High Performance Flow Control Valve
- Posted: 10 May 2022 Hydrogen: The Way Of The Future
- Posted: 21 April 2022 LB Bentley, Engineering Specialist, Wins Queen’s Award
- Posted: 16 February 2022 Triple Offset Valve OCT® Technology
- Posted: 1 February 2022 Fugitive Emissions – Meeting the Challenge of Emission Control