Severn Glocon achieves new OHS standardPosted: 28 April 2020
Severn achieve new OHS standard.
Severn Glocon achieve new OHS standard and has received accreditation to the new international standard of ISO 45001:2018 for Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems (OHS) certified by the BSI (British Standards Institution) Group. The scope of the standard covers: ‘The design, development, manufacture and supply to customer order and specification of all types of industrial/process control valves, actuators and valve mounted instrumentation.’
Severn Glocon achieved the earlier BS OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditation in January 2012 and has focused on the continual improvement of Health & Safety ever since.
With the launch of the new standard, Severn Glocon set out to improve its integrated management system to meet the revised requirements, receiving a positive recommendation from the BSI in January.
Chris King, QHSE Manager for Severn Glocon, says: “We were very pleased to achieve the migration from OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO 45001:2018 before the year end. It marks another milestone in the development of our Integrated Management System which also meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO TS 29001:2011.
“The team effort to achieve this ahead of schedule demonstrates our commitment to maintaining and continually improving our management system to meet both national and international industry requirements as well as specific customer needs. I would like to thank everyone on the team who helped make this happen.”
More NewsAll News
- Posted: 8 September 2021 Compressor anti-surge control valves for FPSO North Sea Client delivered three days ahead of schedule
- Posted: 4 August 2021 Mars Valve UK Secures 10 Year Agreement With Mars Taiwan
- Posted: 2 July 2021 Severn Celebrates 21 Years in Aberdeen
- Posted: 23 June 2021 Severn and ValvTechnologies form strategic partnership to create new global force in the severe-service valve market
- Posted: 22 June 2021 Severn Unival Makes Ice-Road Deadline
- Posted: 22 June 2021 20 Years With Shell