Severn Valve Solutions extends reachPosted: 23 January 2019
Severn extends its reach.
Severn’s model for establishing world-class valve engineering skills locally in key production markets that have previously lacked investment continues to reap rewards. This led to the recent launch of GenesisSG in Ghana, a relative newcomer to the oil and gas market that is seeking to ramp up production and push for energy independence.
The overarching goal is for Severn to extend its reach and to address capability gaps, enhancing the long-term prospects of regions that have faced socio-political issues or experienced rapid growth of new processing industries. It involves blending Severn’s advanced valve engineering expertise with infrastructure support and knowledge of local partner organisations. This is applied strategically to facilitate better valve population management alongside training and development of local engineers.
Successful ventures in Iraq and Kazakhstan have led to significant performance improvements for organisations including Basra Gas Company. A small team of valve experts from overseas mentors local engineers, progressively handing over greater levels of responsibility. The ultimate intention is to redeploy the expats to new markets requiring support, once local engineers are fully empowered to handle the technical demands of proactive valve management.
The approach is now being used as a blueprint for the rollout of similar ventures in other markets that require specialist valve engineering support so Severn extends its reach.
More NewsAll News
- Posted: 7 September 2022 Severn Go Digital For ADIPEC
- Posted: 18 August 2022 Severn Solve Severe Service Water Injection Issues with High Performance Flow Control Valve
- Posted: 10 May 2022 Hydrogen: The Way Of The Future
- Posted: 21 April 2022 LB Bentley, Engineering Specialist, Wins Queen’s Award
- Posted: 16 February 2022 Triple Offset Valve OCT® Technology
- Posted: 1 February 2022 Fugitive Emissions – Meeting the Challenge of Emission Control