Severn Valve Solutions extends reachPosted: 23 January 2019
Severn extends its reach.
Severn’s model for establishing world-class valve engineering skills locally in key production markets that have previously lacked investment continues to reap rewards. This led to the recent launch of GenesisSG in Ghana, a relative newcomer to the oil and gas market that is seeking to ramp up production and push for energy independence.
The overarching goal is for Severn to extend its reach and to address capability gaps, enhancing the long-term prospects of regions that have faced socio-political issues or experienced rapid growth of new processing industries. It involves blending Severn’s advanced valve engineering expertise with infrastructure support and knowledge of local partner organisations. This is applied strategically to facilitate better valve population management alongside training and development of local engineers.
Successful ventures in Iraq and Kazakhstan have led to significant performance improvements for organisations including Basra Gas Company. A small team of valve experts from overseas mentors local engineers, progressively handing over greater levels of responsibility. The ultimate intention is to redeploy the expats to new markets requiring support, once local engineers are fully empowered to handle the technical demands of proactive valve management.
The approach is now being used as a blueprint for the rollout of similar ventures in other markets that require specialist valve engineering support so Severn extends its reach.
More NewsAll News
- Posted: 26 September 2023 Versatile Performance: How Severn’s OCT TOV Butterfly Valve Excels in Isolation and Control Applications
- Posted: 12 September 2023 Meet the Severn ADIPEC Team
- Posted: 23 August 2023 Severn to Showcase Innovative 8500 OCT Butterfly Valve at ADIPEC 2023
- Posted: 8 August 2023 Severn Manufacture 48” Butterfly Valve’s for Ground Flare Project
- Posted: 12 December 2022 Severn Glocon UK Valves Limited
- Posted: 22 November 2022 Severn Exceeds Major Oil Company’s Expectations