Valve TechnicianPosted: 10 February 2023
Unit E, Badentoy Avenue Badentoy Park, Portlethen Aberdeen, AB12 4YB
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
This role provides the business with a full set of skills for the strip, assembly, and testing of a range of valves, with full competency in Control Valves and Instrumentation that will be undertaken by the business. Additionally, Valve Technicians will also provide solutions on day-to-day issues/problems on valve repairs and have an element of supervisory knowledge and experience which, in turn, is utilised to mentor and train less experienced technicians and apprentices to achieve acceptable standards of work.
- Competency in knowledge and understanding of Control Valves, Isolation Valves, Instrumentation and Relief Valves.
- To work in a workshop environment, in-house and off-site, stripping + identifying/ bringing to the attention of the Technical Lead, any damage that has been noticed during the dismantling of valve.
- Completion of in-house and client specific repair documentation as required.
- Carry out the strip, inspection, test, assembly, and commissioning of repaired or new valves to the appropriate standard and specification set in place by relevant supporting documents both in-house and on-site.
- Testing of valves to appropriate API/ASME/BSI standard or to the client’s specific test requirements.
- Ensuring that the appropriate hold points/inspection points are adhered to, as 3rd party signatories/verification require.
- Understand the customers’ requirements as regards deliveries which may involve additional time to achieve required deliveries
- Maintain a good level of housekeeping within the working environment you are currently in.
- Act responsibly with regards the company, its customers and statutory requirements for health, safety, and the environment and promoting the ‘Company Values’.
- Positively promote the company’s products/services/reputation through actions of conduct
- Assist, as and when required, the Technical Lead in high workload periods carrying out filling in of repair records and inspection reports.
- Verification/Inspection of valve repair on hydro, seat test, Instrumentation + Final Inspection as and when required.
- To mentor less experienced technicians in such a manner which they will take on board corrective actions, solutions + training in day-to-day issues/problems on valve repairs.
Education and/or Experience:
Preferably SCQF Level 6 Manufacturing, Engineering or equivalent with proven experience and competence.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please send a copy of your CV with a covering email letter to: recruitment@james-massey