Senior MachinistPosted: 23 December 2022
Birds Royd Lane, Heywoods Industrial Estate, Brighouse, HD6 1NA
Business Need/Purpose of role:
This role provides the business with an individual with a full set of skills for carrying out machining of product and repair that is undertaken by the business. In addition to the above, the Machinist will also undertake when required, responsibility to self-inspect one another’s completed work carried out in the Brighouse facility.
The Machinist will also mentor and help develop other Machinists where practical in all aspects of machining operations within the Brighouse workshop.
- Manufacture of complete components utilizing the various machines located within the Brighouse workshop, being conversant in using different types of machines.
- Carry out refurbishment of damaged components for valve repairs utilizing the Brighouse workshop machines.
- Completion of in-house manufacture and repair documentation.
- Working excessive hours when required to meet customers delivery requirements.
- Liaise between the Manufacturing Lead and the Drawing Office Manager to overcome/resolve any drawing queries.
- Provide support and advise to Machinists in resolving machining issues.
- Expect high level of competence on machines within the Brighouse facility.
- Excellent knowledge of machine speeds and feeds for different materials.
- Support Manufacturing Lead in validating competence levels through in line with competence scheme Matrix.
- Assist with any other duties at the discretion of the Manufacturing Lead.
Education and/or Experience:
GCSE’s or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV with a covering email letter to: email@example.com