Research & Development Design Engineer LB Bentley DivisionPosted: 24 June 2022
Research & Development Design Engineer
Kingfisher Business Park, London Road, Stroud, GL5 2BY
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
To work as part of the R&D Engineering team, producing innovative designs for new products, and providing support to the existing product range.
- Producing designs for new products using 3D CAD.
- Produce 3D Models, Engineering Drawings and BOMs to allow manufacture and assembly of components.
- To ensure designs are accurate and conform to the required design codes (API 6A, API 17D, ISO 10423, ASME VIII, etc.) and customer specifications.
- Participating in Continuous Improvement initiatives, including problem-solving to enhance existing products and processes.
- Assisting the R&D department with technical analysis and interpretation of test data.
- Refining / Clarifying product specifications to meet customer requirements, in collaboration with the Sales team and senior management.
- To perform Engineering calculations and clearly document them to allow colleagues and third parties to interpret and validate Design Data.
- Checking of Drawings and BOM’s.
- Interact with other engineering team members, departments, and Customers.
- Reviewing day-to-day queries with your colleagues in the Machine Shop, Assembly, Quality and After Market Departments.
- Support the Engineering department at a variety of meetings both internally and occasionally at Customer sites, providing Engineering support and advice as appropriate.
Business Travel may be required from time to time.
Education and/or Experience:
- A recognised qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experienced user of 3D CAD for design and drafting.
(Autodesk Inventor preferred).
- Conceptual & detailed design skills.
- Design for Manufacture & Assembly.
- To have a pro-active attitude and be able to demonstrate good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of designing high pressure equipment to subsea industry standards.
- Ability to produce detailed design calculations.
- Experienced in the use of Finite Element Analysis.
- Knowledge of using an MRP System (e.g. Visual, Syteline) to produce BOM’s.
- Experience of using a Quality management system database (e.g. DDM).
- Work to and promote high standards of quality, with a strong focus on safety.
- Familiarity in the use of Geometrical Design and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of technical software such as MathCAD and LabView. Visual Basic coding would also be advantageous.
- An understanding of the materials used in the construction of Oilfield equipment is desirable.
- A positive, confident approach with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team, to agreed deadlines.
- The ability to plan your own activities within a project and be adaptable to changing priorities.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please send a copy of your CV with a covering email letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More VacanciesAll Vacancies
- Posted: 24 June 2022 Buyer
- Posted: 15 June 2022 Brand Manager
- Posted: 25 February 2022 Director of ESG & Sustainability
- Posted: 24 June 2022 Design Engineer LB Bentley Division
- Posted: 27 May 2022 Executive Assistant
- Posted: 23 February 2022 Group MRO Area Sales Manager UK & Eire (Excluding Scotland)