Purchasing Expeditor / Assistant Buyer LB Bentley DivisonPosted: 10 June 2022
Purchasing Expeditor / Assistant Buyer
Kingfisher Business Park, London Rd, Stroud GL5 2BY
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
Responsible for ensuring smooth delivery of purchase orders including planning delivery schedules, keying purchase orders and monitoring order reports.
- Ensure optimal delivery of supplier materials.
- Working closely with other teams within the supply chain.
- Negotiate with suppliers and build strong working relationships.
- Ensuring that internal targets and deadlines are met.
- Attend production meetings.
- Managing purchase order backlog, ensuring order dates and notations are updated.
- Assisting with purchase order entries and purchase administration. Load purchase orders onto system for consignment stock and calibration requirements.
- Assist with loading and updating RFQ’s onto the system.
- Run monthly OTD reports.
- Assist Purchasing Supervisor with GRRN’s and ensure purchase notations are updated.
- Providing cover for other roles within the purchasing/planning team.
- Visit suppliers as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Highly motivated, team player with good organisation skills who can work under pressure.
- Ideally have experience within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience of planning tools i.e., ERP/MRP and vendor management, other related business management systems, Microsoft Office, Excel.
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem-solving abilities.
- A proactive approach to changing workload demands in an operational environment.
- Drive for continuous development and process improvement.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for this position please send a copy of your CV with a covering email letter to: recruitment@matt
More VacanciesAll Vacancies
- Posted: 24 June 2022 Buyer
- Posted: 15 June 2022 Brand Manager
- Posted: 25 February 2022 Director of ESG & Sustainability
- Posted: 24 June 2022 Design Engineer LB Bentley Division
- Posted: 27 May 2022 Executive Assistant
- Posted: 23 February 2022 Group MRO Area Sales Manager UK & Eire (Excluding Scotland)