Junior FPA AnalystPosted: 3 March 2023
Junior FP&A Analyst
Olympus Park Quedgeley Gloucester, GL2 4NF, United Kingdom
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
This role will operate as part of a centralized analyst function, focusing on both Finance and Commercial information across the wider Group. This role will support directly into the Group FP&A manager.
This role is a great opportunity to the right individual. This role offers significant exposure and opportunity to add-value, providing information to support high level decision making.
This is a hands-on progressive position and would suit a junior professional/graduate looking to add value, in a fast-paced environment, working to deadlines. This role will offer exposure across the wider Group and would offer the opportunity to make your mark.
Support to develop would be available
- To take ownership of the monthly collection of order Intake and Revenue intake data sets. Preparing monthly schedules in line with monthly deadlines to Group FP&A manager.
- Ensuring data is accurate and robust (used at Board level). Monthly reconciliations of Closing Orders books and reported revenue to identify in a timely manner accuracy of data. Challenging and questioning if there are discrepancies. Working with stakeholders across the globe, to understand the root cause and understand/agreeing method to rectify and align data, so that it is aligned centrally and with the separate business entities.
- Working with the wider FP&A team to explore and implement process improvements to data acquisition process
- To support the Commercial Analyst with the issuing weekly exception reports on pipeline captured in CRM (Sales opportunity data warehouse) and maintaining/issuing a weekly KPI to ensure that the pipeline data reflects the current opportunities available to the business.
- Working with the Commercial Analyst. Owning and driving the CRM (sales opportunity data warehouse) data accuracy. Learning to be able to identify discrepancies and using the exception reports and KPI’s to rectify data and hold the sales teams accountable. This would involve building relationships and working with the Sales Directors, providing them with the information to be able to drive change.
- Understanding the Sales information issued each week (actuals v budget opportunities), which the Sales Directors currently provide weekly. Working with the Sales Directors, with a view to removing this administrative burden from them and issuing this information to them weekly.
- Working with the Commercial Analyst to report a weekly/updated pipeline position to key stakeholders within the business, using the central dashboard model. This is fundamental information, required to understand the future commercial opportunities available. This information will form the basis of the Quarterly financial forecasts and Annual Financial Budgets
- Supporting the Group FP&A manager to provide better insight into sales performance, sales mix, gross profit within the Group.
- Support the Group FP&A manager in consolidating and managing the annual budget and interim forecasting processes, from inceptions though to delivery
- Supporting the Group FP&A manager. Providing financial visibility on Actual / Budget/Forecast revenue trends. Maintaining KPI’s. Looking at Financial Metrics. Creating financial models to provide analysis as required.
- Support the Group FP&A Manager on building processes to capture information, not currently collected to enable accurate capture of operational efficiencies (across the Globe) and working capital implications (on projects/orderbook)
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate would have a degree in mathematics, statistics or actively studying a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA), there can be support to those looking to start qualifications longer term.
Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude are essential. A self-starter
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Strong Excel skills and modelling experience. Working with large volumes of data. Ideally experience of Power Query and Power pivot. Experience of working with Sales and Finance data is preferred.
A user of Finance systems, and to be able to work efficiently, you shall be required to be highly computer literate and ideally understand internal process and controls
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please send a copy of your CV with a covering email letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org