Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) EngineerPosted: 15 June 2022
Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Engineer
Heywoods Industrial Park, Birds Royd Lane, Brighouse, HD6 1NA, United Kingdom
Olympia Park Quedgeley, Gloucester, GL2 4NF, United Kingdom
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
- To ensure integrity of all HSE aspects of the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) in accordance with relevant International Standards, Legal and Other Requirements.
- To implement and drive HSE continuous improvement programs throughout business units.
- To promote a positive HSE Culture throughout business units.
- To provide support on all HSE matters throughout business units.
- To provide support with HSE accreditations utilizing internal and external audits to measure sustainment and improvements within the business units.
- To provide support on HSE strategy to ensure the businesses HSE objectives are met.
- To produce accurate and timely HSE information and reports.
- To report to the QHSE Manager on all HSE matters and intact with local managers (where necessary).
- To ensure all employees comply with HSE policy & procedure.
- Responsible for developing and implementing safety programs.
- Enforce HSE policy and procedures.
- Provide status updates, trends if / when required efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner.
- Conduct internal audits / workplace inspections to identify conformity and non-conformance.
- Raise Non-Conforming records (NCR) where necessary.
- Drive close out of Non-conformances in a timely manner.
- Assist with Accident / Investigations, reporting inc. root cause analysis and make recommendations to peers / line manager.
- Investigate Near Miss, Unsafe Act, etc. identify trends, recommend & implement improvements.
- Conduct Risk Assessments with interested parties.
- Conduct Risk Assessments reviews / updates with interested parties on a periodic basis.
- Communicate Risk Assessments to interested parties.
- Conduct COSHH Risk Assessments with interested parties.
- Conduct COSHH Risk Assessments reviews / updates with interested parties on a periodic basis.
- Communicate COSHH Risk Assessments to interested parties.
- To assist in the maintenance of the company’s legal register.
- Manage “Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations 2007” obligations and submit obligations to compliance scheme.
- Manage PPE competent person checks and maintain records.
- Manage Contractors on site inc. PTW / RAMS including relevant documentation (high risk activities) and maintain records.
- Manage Contractors on site inc. Dynamic Risk Assessment (low risk activities) and maintain records.
- Provide toolbox talks / training sessions where required.
- Use relevant HSE tools inc. Plan Do Check Act, 6S, Root Cause Analysis etc to drive improvements
- Champion and guide on our safety management program.
- Define HSE arrangements / procedures in conjunction with operating staff / line managers where necessary.
- Ensure that workplace tools and equipment meet industry standard and installed correctly in accordance with PUWER and the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regs.
- Working with peer groups in Gloucester facility to ensure best practice across all business units.
Education and/or Experience:
- Higher National Certificates/Diplomas or equivalent from college; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ONC / HNC / HND in Manufacturing disciplines.
- NEBOSH National General Certification in Occupational Health & Safety.
- In depth knowledge of ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety management systems.
- In depth knowledge of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Understanding / Experience of Health & Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Internal Auditor qualification.
- Proficient / trained in Accident / Incident Investigation.
- Proficient / trained in root cause analysis.
- 6S qualified (not essential)
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please send a copy of your CV with a covering email letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More VacanciesAll Vacancies
- Posted: 24 June 2022 Buyer
- Posted: 15 June 2022 Brand Manager
- Posted: 25 February 2022 Director of ESG & Sustainability
- Posted: 24 June 2022 Design Engineer LB Bentley Division
- Posted: 27 May 2022 Executive Assistant
- Posted: 23 February 2022 Group MRO Area Sales Manager UK & Eire (Excluding Scotland)