Group MRO Area Sales Manager UK & Eire (Excluding Scotland)Posted: 23 February 2022
MRO Area Sales Manager
The role will be home based and will require country wide travel
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
The primary role is the sales representation and development of Severn MRO portfolio of products and services within the defined territory.
- To set and achieve sales targets, develop new long-term customer relationships, and enhance existing ones and promote the brands in a professional manner for the Severn Group.
- Provide regular business, regulatory and competition news, and activities within the territory.
- Follow up all opportunities for the business and provide forecasts via regular updates utilizing the companies CRM system.
- Identify areas for business improvement and develop strategic plans to implement utilizing the various resources available within the group.
Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities
But not limited to:
- Set progressive yet realistic yearly targets based upon knowledge of the installed base, customers shut down planning and relationships.
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Forecast accurately via the company CRM system
- Increase the Severn footprint within the territory
- Increase the client base within the territory
- Identify new MRO product and service offering within the territory
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into new business, particularly for new Service Contracts. Cold call as appropriate within current markets or geographic areas to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Research and meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s Senior Leadership. Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the offering, solutions, or service co-ordination.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements, and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Provide analysis on emerging trends and markets and highlight the possible areas to target focus selling (geographical growth with the territory). Present new offerings, products and services and enhance existing relationships. Work with the Sales, Technical, Applications and Service teams and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs. Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs. Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Collaborate with the sales and senior management teams on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators. Support the sales strategic planning and review, KPI setting and sales analysis. Drive the sales initiatives to obtain planned business growth.
- Develop sales plans for senior management team members and ensure there is understanding, as well as answering queries. Follow up new business opportunities and setting up meetings both with the client and the sales teams
Education and/or Experience:
Degree with five years related experience or 10 years’ experience within the valve industry selling into the North Sea region.
Analyze and interpret the most complex documents.
Respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please send a copy of your CV with a covering email letter to: email@example.com