Field Service EngineerPosted: 3 March 2023
Field Service Engineer
Olympus Park Quedgeley Gloucester, GL2 4NF, United Kingdom
Birds Royd Lane, Heywoods Industrial Estate, Brighouse, HD6 1NA
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
This role is to provide the business an individual with a full set of skills to carry out the company’s and customers’ requirements for valve repairs to be carried out on site. Also, the job requires a high amount of flexibility and availability from the individual to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Field service activities associated with onsite repair and associated equipment.
- This may include working and travel to – worldwide offshore and UK locations.
- To respond to customer ‘on call requirements if applicable’ for the above site activities.
- Carry out the onsite disassembly/assembly + testing of all types of valves, actuators, and associated instrumentation in accordance with the company’s/customers’ QA/QC and Health and Safety procedures.
- This could include the generation and verification of method statements and risk assessments.
- On occasion you will be required to be the site supervisor for on site shutdowns where the following activities may be part of your duties.
- On site planning and updates on progress of the shutdown.
- Supervision of the work force.
- Plan work activities for the work force.
- Customer updates as regards work activities that have been completed, taking place and are planned to take place.
- Fully understand the scope of work that is to take place, understanding what work activities are to take place and what is classed as outside the scope of work.
- Control and record additional activities that take place which are not covered under the scope of work.
Workshop support activities
- When working within the workshops it is expected that you will fully integrate with the senior fitters and assist where at all possible. See relevant role profile for senior fitters.
- In addition, whilst in the workshops it may be required that you carry out a level of training in accordance with the workshop charge hand and workshop manager.
Education and/or Experience
- Higher National Certificates/Diplomas or equivalent from college and an Engineering Apprenticeship.
- High level of competence on a range of valves (Control, Choke, Butterfly, Isolation and PSV), Actuators and Instrumentation.
- Higher level of expected competence in problem solving solutions.
- Ability to work on customers sites on more technical/problematic valves to establish a way forward/solution that is acceptable by both the customer and Severn Technical dept.
- Validated competence through the company competence scheme.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please send a copy of your CV with a covering email letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org