Design Engineer LB Bentley DivisionPosted: 24 June 2022
Kingfisher Business Park, London Road, Stroud, GL5 2BY
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
To work as part of the Design Engineering Team; producing models and drawings using 3D CAD for existing and new products, creating Bills of Material and documentation to support business functions, including Production.
- The interpretation of Customer Requirements from Customer Enquiries, Purchase Orders and Specifications to allow Engineering release.
- To ensure designs are accurate and conform to required design codes (API 6A/API 17D, ISO 10423, ASME VIII) and customer specifications.
- Produce 3D Models, Engineering Drawings and BOMs to allow manufacture of components.
- Produce and update User Manuals for the customer.
- Checking of Drawings and B.O.M.’s.
- Interface with other engineering team members, departments, and customers.
- Reviewing Quality Plans and incorporating into other documentation, drawings, and systems.
- Reviewing regular queries with the Machine Shop, Assembly, Quality and After Market Departments.
- Attend a variety of meetings.
- Business Travel will be required from time to time.
- Other Engineering tasks as delegated by the Design office manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering qualification (Ideally HNC or above).
- Experienced user of 3D CAD for design and drafting. (Autodesk Inventor preferred).
- Conceptual & detailed design skills.
- Design for Manufacture & Assembly.
- To have a pro-active attitude and be able to demonstrate good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of designing high pressure equipment to subsea industry standards.
- Knowledge of using an MRP System (e.g. Visual, Syteline) to produce BOM’s.
- Experience of using a Quality management system database (e.g. DDM).
- Work to and promote high standards of quality, with a strong focus on safety.
- Familiarity in the use of Geometrical Design and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of technical software such as MathCAD and LabView.
- An understanding of the materials used in the construction of Oilfield equipment is desirable.
- A positive, confident approach with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team, to agreed deadlines.
- The ability to plan your own activities within a project and be adaptable to changing priorities.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please send a copy of your CV with a covering email letter to: email@example.com
More VacanciesAll Vacancies
- Posted: 24 June 2022 Buyer
- Posted: 15 June 2022 Brand Manager
- Posted: 25 February 2022 Director of ESG & Sustainability
- Posted: 27 May 2022 Executive Assistant
- Posted: 23 February 2022 Group MRO Area Sales Manager UK & Eire (Excluding Scotland)
- Posted: 15 June 2022 Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Engineer