BuyerPosted: 24 June 2022
Heywoods Industrial Park, Birds Royd Lange, Brighouse, HD6 1NA, United Kingdom
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
Working within the purchasing department, the buyer will play a key part in the procurement of raw material and finished components for valve production ensuring operational needs are met.
- Identification and procurement of materials required from Bills of Materials and stock in conjunction with any technical specifications and drawings required around the purchase in a timely and economic manner.
- To develop & build robust supplier relationships across the supply chain through regular performance reviews, set targets and develop measures to continually drive improvements in the supply chain. These include face to face meetings and supplier visits.
- Complete ownership of specific purchasing categories and suppliers as directed by the procurement lead, understanding the mechanisms that drive pricing and lead times and share that knowledge throughout the business.
- Work in collaboration with Sales/Contracts/Manufacturing/Engineering and Quality teams to deliver the sourcing solutions in line with the business requirements, always being aware of time, cost, quality, service, and stock holding.
- Negotiating pricing of parts with suppliers and generate costs reductions where possible.
- Liaising with Internal & External stakeholders to effectively resolve non-conforming issues.
- Provide holiday cover where at all appropriate within the purchasing team.
Education and/or Experience:
A-Levels from college or sixth form high school; twelve months plus related experience in Purchasing and/or Engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with customer specification/technical documents in Oil and Gas Industry desirable.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV with a covering email letter to: email@example.com
More VacanciesAll Vacancies
- Posted: 15 June 2022 Brand Manager
- Posted: 25 February 2022 Director of ESG & Sustainability
- Posted: 24 June 2022 Design Engineer LB Bentley Division
- Posted: 27 May 2022 Executive Assistant
- Posted: 23 February 2022 Group MRO Area Sales Manager UK & Eire (Excluding Scotland)
- Posted: 15 June 2022 Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Engineer