Bentley’s New Valve Design Deployed SubseaPosted: 22 June 2021
Bentley’s Medium Duty Rotary (MDR) valve is now operational in the field, with two valves in use on a subsea XMT in the Gulf of Mexico.
The MDR represents the continuous improvement of Bentley’s product range. An evolution of the field-proven Rotary Gate Valve design, it addresses a specific subsea oil and gas market niche related to panel-mounted applications for XMT hydraulic control and test lines, manifold panels and subsea distribution units.
Traditionally operators used needle and ball mounted valve products for these applications which require a low-cost but reliably engineered solution. However, there has been growing desire for a metal sealing gate valve to increase reliability without incurring additional expense.
The MDR meets this customer’s need with a simple and cost-effective design that fully satisfies the subsea specifications of API 6A and 17D. It also enables pressure testing and isolation of the annulus as well as providing a full second metal-to-metal sealing barrier against the environment.
More NewsAll News
- Posted: 2 July 2021 Sever Celebrates 21 Years in Aberdeen
- Posted: 23 June 2021 Severn and ValvTechnologies form strategic partnership to create new global force in the severe-service valve market
- Posted: 22 June 2021 Severn Unival Makes Ice-Road Deadline
- Posted: 22 June 2021 20 Years With Shell
- Posted: 22 June 2021 Recognition From BP
- Posted: 22 June 2021 Use Of Remote Inspection Technology Gains Momentum