Bentley’s New Valve Design Deployed SubseaPosted: 22 June 2021
Bentley’s new valve deployed on subsea XMT.
Bentley’s new Medium Duty Rotary (MDR) valve has been deployed and is now operational in the field, with two valves in use on a subsea XMT in the Gulf of Mexico.
The MDR represents the continuous improvement of Bentley’s product range. An evolution of the field-proven Rotary Gate Valve design, it addresses a specific subsea oil and gas market niche related to panel-mounted applications for XMT hydraulic control and test lines, manifold panels and subsea distribution units.
Traditionally operators used needle and ball mounted valve products for these applications which require a low-cost but reliably engineered solution. However, there has been growing desire for a metal sealing gate valve to increase reliability without incurring additional expense.
The MDR meets this customer’s need with a simple and cost-effective design that fully satisfies the subsea specifications of API 6A and 17D. It also enables pressure testing and isolation of the annulus as well as providing a full second metal-to-metal sealing barrier against the environment.
Severn manufactures and supports high quality valves for the energy industries. Its control, choke and small bore subsea valves are pre-eminent in the global market, underpinning the reliability and high performance of business-critical client infrastructure.
Severn’s global reach, technical prowess, and collaborative approach – all founded upon a heritage of British engineering excellence – help to assure production continuity for clients and reduce the prospect of costly downtime.
Its understanding of the life-cycle of assets positions Severn to offer end-to-end engineering solutions, enabling clients to meet their core imperatives: safe operations and minimum downtime.
More NewsAll News
- Posted: 10 May 2022 Hydrogen: The Way Of The Future
- Posted: 21 April 2022 LB Bentley, Engineering Specialist, Wins Queen’s Award
- Posted: 16 February 2022 Triple Offset Valve OCT® Technology
- Posted: 1 February 2022 Fugitive Emissions – Meeting the Challenge of Emission Control
- Posted: 7 December 2021 Severn Group Announces Acquisition Of ValvTechnologies
- Posted: 20 October 2021 Severn Group is pleased to announce Perttu Louhiluoto as our new Chief Executive Officer